Smart Test™ Core/Core+
SmartTest™ CORE / CORE PLUS are the perfect choice for companies who want the flaw detection capabilities of SmartTest™ PRO / PRO PLUS, but who want to do their own process integration when testing ductile iron and other castings, powdered metal, stamped parts, forgings and other types of components.
SmartTest™ – with industry leading bandwidth, resolution, and signal quality is quickly becoming the standard for high speed, high volume inspection of components that are safety critical
or critical to quality.
The SmartTest™ Principle
The principle behind SmartTest™ is simple. Every part has a unique resonant signature or pattern that reflects its composition. Any deviation from the expected resonant signature indicates the presence of structural inconsistencies commonly due to flaws or mechanical variations.
The easy-to-use ST-CORE and CORE PLUS systems can detect inconsistencies or flaws such as low nodularity, cracks, cold shuts, porosity, missing material or features and mixed parts. They can also detect if processes have been missed, such as a machining or heat treating operations.
- High volume flaw detection elements – your own integration
- Core Plus includes a high speed inline check weigher – process compensation with no sacrifice to throughput
- SmartTest™ ARS – the most advanced flaw detection available anywhere
- SmartTest™ analyzer – ultra fast cycle times, highest resolution in the industry
- SmartTest™ impact actuator – nearly infinite life, zero maintenance
- Productivity utilities – speed adjustment, eliminate errors
- Whole body test detects both internal and external flaws
- Detects material property issues, e.g. hardness, residual stress
- Core Plus provides fully integrated process compensation which accomodates lot to lot variation while providing detection of smaller flaws
- Fast and acturate – typically 1.5-2.5 seconds per part
- No part preparation or cleanup required
- Any rigid component can be tested
Core elements of SmartTest PRO / PRO PLUS – ready for your own process integration
Detectable flaw types
- Material variances – hardness, density, grain structure, residual, stress, oxides, decarb
- Cracks, chipped gear teeth, missing material, voids
- Brazing variances, poor bonding
- Low nodularity, cold shuts, porosity, short fills, missing features
- Dimensional issues, mixing of parts
- Double strikes, laps, tears, delamination, hot shorts