Smart Test™ EX
SmartTest™ EX is the perfect choice for manual desktop or benchtop inspection – fits easily inside a laptop case. Ideal for spot checking in the field, for new part set-up prior to mass production inspection, or for investigation and troubleshooting material or process variation.
SmartTest™ – with industry leading bandwidth, resolution, and signal quality is quickly becoming the standard for detection of structural flaws in a wide range of component types.
The SmartTest™ Principle
The principle behind SmartTest™ is simple. Every part has a unique resonant signature or pattern that reflects its composition. Any deviation from the expected resonant signature indicates the presence of structural inconsistencies commonly due to flaws or mechanical variations.
The easy-to-use ST-EX system can detect inconsistencies or flaws such as low nodularity, cold shuts, cracks, porosity, missing material or features and mixed parts. It can also detect if processes have been missed, such as a machining or heat treating operations.
- Manual system intended for desktop or benchtop experiments or troubleshooting
- SmartTest™ ARS – the most advanced flaw detection available anywhere
- SmartTest™ analyzer – ultra fast cycle times, highest resolution in the industry
- Manual impact actuator with accessories suitable for testing parts from a few grams to 50 Kg or more
- Productivity utilities – speed adjustment, eliminate errors
- Whole body test detects both internal and external flaws
- Detects material property issues, e.g. low nodularity, hardness, residual stress
- No part preparation or cleanup required
- Any rigid component can be tested
- Provided with laptop and case as well as a second ruggedized case for the instruments
- Completely portable – use in the lab or anywhere else needed
- Quick and easy to use – out of the case and ready to inspect parts in a few minutes
Detectable flaw types
- Material variances – hardness, density, grain structure, residual, stress, oxides, decarb
- Cracks, chipped gear teeth, missing material, voids
- Brazing variances, poor bonding
- Low nodularity, cold shuts, porosity, short fills, missing features
- Dimensional issues, mixing of parts
- Double strikes, laps, tears, delamination, hot shorts