Smart Test™ Go
SmartTest™ GO is the perfect choice for containment actions, short term, or low volume testing of powder metal / MIM, cast, forged, machined and other components.
SmartTest™ – with industry leading bandwidth, resolution, and signal quality is quickly becoming the standard for detection of structural flaws in a wide range of component types.
The SmartTest™ Principle
The principle behind SmartTest™ is simple. Every part has a unique resonant signature or pattern that reflects its composition. Any deviation from the expected resonant signature indicates the presence of structural inconsistencies commonly due to flaws or mechanical variations.
The easy-to-use ST-GO system can detect inconsistencies or flaws such as low nodularity, cold shuts, cracks, porosity, missing material or features and mixed parts. It can also detect if processes have been missed, such as a machining or heat treating operations.
- Low volume, portable system intended for containment actions, DOE’s, or other short term needs
- SmartTest™ ARS – the most advanced flaw detection available anywhere
- SmartTest™ analyzer – ultra fast cycle times, highest resolution in the industry
- SmartTest™ impact actuator – nearly infinite life, zero maintenance
- Manual part loading and offloading
- Easily adjust hammer position to part geometry
- Productivity utilities – speed adjustment, eliminate errors
- Whole body test detects both internal and external flaws
- Detects material property issues, e.g. hardness, residual stress
- No part preparation or cleanup required
- Any rigid component can be tested
- Portable rolling cart can be deployed anywhere
- Rolling cart with lockable casters for portability and rapid deployment to point of need
- Hammer position manually adjustable with no need for tools
- Test platform 18 in wide x 14.5 in deep
- 28 in x 28 in enclosure with internal shelving for sample storage
- Left hand, right hand, or two hand manual triggering of impact
- On board andon for added visualization of pass / fail results
Detectable flaw types
- Material variances – hardness, density, grain structure, residual, stress, oxides, decarb
- Cracks, chipped gear teeth, missing material, voids
- Brazing variances, poor bonding
- Low nodularity, cold shuts, porosity, short fills, missing features
- Dimensional issues, mixing of parts
- Double strikes, laps, tears, delamination, hot shorts