Smart Test™ Mini
SmartTest™ MINI is the perfect choice for testing small powder metal / MIM, cast, and additive manufactured components.
SmartTest™ – with industry leading bandwidth, resolution, and signal quality is quickly becoming the standard for high speed, high volume inspection of small components or those with complex geometry.
The SmartTest™ Principle
The principle behind SmartTest™ is simple. Every part has a unique resonant signature or pattern that reflects its composition. Any deviation from the expected resonant signature indicates the presence of structural inconsistencies commonly due to flaws or mechanical variations.
The easy-to-use ST-MINI system can detect inconsistencies or flaws such as cracks, voids, missing material or features and mixed parts. It can also detect if processes have been missed, such as a machining or heat treating operation.
- High volume turnkey system – 100% inspection of small components on the factory floor
- SmartTest™ ARS – the most advanced flaw detection available anywhere
- SmartTest™ analyzer – ultra fast cycle times, highest resolution in the industry
- Automated reject containment – 100% ‘positive capture’
- Soft HMI – never open a ladder diagram
- Productivity utilities – speed adjustment, eliminate errors
- Whole body test detects both internal and external flaws
- Detects material property issues, e.g. hardness, residual stress
- Fast and acturate – typically 1-2 seconds per part
- No part preparation or cleanup required
- Any rigid component can be tested
- Can be fully automated
- Can be configured for ‘inline’ or ‘offline’ use
- For parts to around 100g
- Acoustic chamber 4 in x 4 in
- ‘V’ or ‘U’ shaped load chute available
- Adjustable load chute angle to optimize impact and excitation
- Dual monitor setup with soft HMI
- Compatible with customer provided vibratory bowl infeed and outfeed systems to achieve 100% automated inspection
Detectable flaw types
- Material variances – hardness, density, grain structure, residual, stress, oxides, decarb
- Cracks, chipped gear teeth, missing material, voids
- Brazing variances, poor bonding
- Low nodularity, cold shuts, porosity, short fills, missing features
- Dimensional issues, mixing of parts
- Double strikes, laps, tears, delamination, hot shorts